Saving Lives Camarillo is one of approximately 750 coalitions in the United States funded under the Drug Free Communities Support Program. The coalitions are partially funded by the White House Office of National Drug Control Police, (ONDCP), and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, (SAMHSA). Operating since 2009, the mission of Saving Lives Camarillo has been to reduce alcohol and drug use among Camarillo youth.
Our tasks have included:
- Educating the community about current alcohol and drug use among Camarillo youth through sponsored education events and social media.
- Informing the community about current trends in alcohol and drug use among minors.
- Providing support and guidance to parents and grandparents.
- Contracting for direct services to high and middle school youth.
- Disseminating information about legal issues involving minors using chemicals, including our local Social Host Ordinance.
- Monthly public coalition and task force meetings.
Rabbi Yosef Muchnik
Rabbi Aryeh Lang